The Center for True North® is located on the vortex rich second mesa of the Kolob Plateau section of Zion National Park in southern Utah. The Kolob Plateau is the intersection point between the Mojave Desert Plateau and the Colorado Plateau, affording Kolob the unique climate and stunning marriage of the geological landscape of t high desert and mountains. This secluded setting is surrounded by stunning red rock monuments, seasonal waterfalls, ancestral caves, superb hiking trails, herds of cattle grazing green pastures, horses basking in the afternoon sun of a vermillion backdrop and deer & elk meandering along the sloping Cedar, Pinon & Ponderosa Pine and Utah Juniper hillsides. Under a painted and star-beaded sky at our 6000-feet elevation, fragrant varieties of sagebrush and high desert wildflowers abound. With Kolob Reservoir to the north, Virgin River to the south and North Fork Creek to the east, this top of the world quiet is unparalleled.
True North® is a completely off-the-grid, majestically potent and mesmerizing monastic facility surrounded by Zion National Park. Our facility includes a spacious great room gathering place with indoor twin, red cedar trees and a stone fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen and outdoor barbecue, and semi-private room lodging in our five-bedroom facility with additional lodging in its own RV site and adjacent visitors' cabin.
Enjoy our 3-outdoor patios – one with a semi-enclosed arbor, chimayo fireplace and large dining table; the other with a labyrinth water fountain and fire ring, lounge chairs and medium dining table; the third with lounge chairs, sculptures and an open-air view of the surrounding red rock monuments.
Experience True North:
- Reflect and transform by partaking of the power and splendor of our Walking Labyrinth, Medicine Wheel and Statuary Path Meditation areas,
- Relax and renew in our Buddha Tree, Geodesic Dome, Medicine Wheel and Labyrinth picnic areas,
- Bask in the sound of wind chimes being played by the afternoon breeze in our chair hammocks hung on thousand-year old Juniper trees,
- Create harmony with our assortment of drums, various other percussive instruments, crystal bowls and tuning forks,
- Climb or stroll through numerous world renown hiking trails,
- Explore the numerous caves with petroglyphs and pictographs in Cave Valley just out our front door,
- Indulge in the rich array of True North’s library of divination tools, crystals, books, CD’s and DVD’s,
- Express the playful part of you – shoot hoops or throw horseshoes in our recreation area or (seasonally) go sledding down nearby snow banks,
- Ride horses or travel on four wheelers right outside our doors for miles and miles,
- Ride wave-runners in numerous nearby lakes are available.
The Center for True North is located just outside of the town of Virgin, Utah
Directions from Virgin to The Center for True North: From Hwy 9 in Virgin, turn North on Kolob Terrace Road, (please look at/mark your odometer), travel 9.4 miles, and True North will appear on your left (reddish brown stucco wall and building). Please use North (which is the main or 2nd) entrance.
Please view our Facilities Gallery